A Revolution to Remember

On Independence Day, my friend Christina invited me to her cousins' house for a low-key night of wine and beachside fireworks. So, of co...

On Independence Day, my friend Christina invited me to her cousins' house for a low-key night of wine and beachside fireworks. So, of course I wasn't prepared to get bonked on the head and chased for no apparent reason by a ten-year-old armed with sparklers and a taser-like object--a "God Bless America" laser toy with potentially lethal effects when swung around by a sugar-high tween on a mission to give me a panic attack. 

And I REALLY wasn't prepared for late-night American Idol Karaoke Revolution, a game on the Nintendo Wii in which "judges" rate your vocal performance of pop hits. 

When my turn came, I tried to sing Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough."

I failed. Miserably. When you get booed by a simulated Paula Abdul, you know you suck.

But Christina's triplet cousins (the savviest 12-year-olds I've ever met) and my 10-year-old attacker belted out "Eye of the Tiger" and received rave reviews from computer clones of Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul...and even Simon Cowell. 

HOW IS THAT FAIR!?

Post a Comment

...BUT AT LEAST MY HAIR STILL LOOKS GREAT!
item