Pop to It

Last night, while everyone else my age was probably binge drinking at the bar around the corner, I sat in front of the TV eating unlimited ...

Last night, while everyone else my age was probably binge drinking at the bar around the corner, I sat in front of the TV eating unlimited amounts of Trader Joe's Olive Oil Popcorn, sipping orange juice-seltzer spritzers, and watching "Lockup" on MSNBC, a show about the toughest-of-the-tough inmates at maximum security prisons. Too lazy to pick the scattered kernels off my floor and out of my hair, I conked out on the couch.
The next time you're in the mood for a snack, reach for a bag of this gourmet-style popcorn, or just make your own. Pop a bag of plain microwave popcorn (butter free), drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and try to stop yourself from finishing the whole thing. Want to make it sweet? Pour plain popcorn onto a baking sheet, drizzle with honey, agave syrup or maple syrup, sprinkle with cinnamon and a dash of salt, then toss with your hands. It's a simple but really satisfying snack.
Stop buying the processed stuff that's soaked in hydrogenated oils and butterfat. Make your own fresh popcorn.

;) H

Related

Holly's Random Thoughts 2357142775162876359

Post a Comment

4 comments

Deb Schiff said...

I'm not sure I'd pour olive oil onto my popcorn, but making it sweet and spicy with agave and some hot paprika would work very well for me!

Holly Pinafore said...

Agave with paprika sounds interesting...yum!

Bec said...

We always had an air popper growing up and its the first appliance I bought when I moved out!

Nicole (anotheronebitesthecrust.wordpress.com) said...

Oh, this sound amaazing! I must make some sweet popcorn soon.

...BUT AT LEAST MY HAIR STILL LOOKS GREAT!
item