Sauce or Gravy? What do you think?

Please vote in my poll! Is it sauce or gravy? Explain why you call it what you call it! Do you have a favorite tomato sauce/gravy recipe yo...

Please vote in my poll! Is it sauce or gravy? Explain why you call it what you call it!

Do you have a favorite tomato sauce/gravy recipe you'd like to share? Email me at holly.pinafore@gmail.com or post it on this site!

I would love to know what you think.

-Holly-

Related

Holly's Random Thoughts 5525167053250687295

Post a Comment

2 comments

Lauren said...

Sauce or Gravy... it depends. Sauce is what one puts on pasta and gravy is what one puts on turkey and mashed potatoes. That is the difference!

HollyPinafore said...

Okay, so "Eddioke" emailed me and said,

"I always called it sauce until I married an Italian Woman [...] Her grandparents were from Naples. There wasn't much that I learned from her. I did get a real good case of heartache. The one thing she could do was make gravy. As a result, I have to categorize the tomato stuff that gets applied to spaghetti into two kinds. The store bought stuff is sauce. The homemade stuff is gravy."

Well said, buddy!

...BUT AT LEAST MY HAIR STILL LOOKS GREAT!
item