Bathroom Bellini Parties and Kicked-Up Smoothies

We now return to "Adventures in Orlando"... The next afternoon at Orange Lake, we got too much sunburn and couldn't stay outs...

We now return to "Adventures in Orlando"...

The next afternoon at Orange Lake, we got too much sunburn and couldn't stay outside anymore. So, we decided to throw a little party in our private villa, which had a fully furnished kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a washer and dryer, and, not to mention, a screened-in deck facing the golf course and lake.

We stopped at the Publix, then visited the adjacent liquor store where a stocky clerk with a ponytail, beard, and bright orange t-shirt apologetically said he didn't carry prosecco (although I, of course, quickly discovered it in the first aisle), talked about his migration to Florida 22 years ago, and addressed me as "Beautiful" regardless of how much skin had flaked off my nose in the scorching sunlight.

All this was fun, but the best part was making the Bellinis: frozen peaches blended with chilled prosecco and served in decorative glasses. After downing two of them, I decided to host a cocktail party in our bathroom jacuzzi (of course I was wearing a bathing suit...what were you thinking?).

But it didn't end there. The next night, I concocted what Emeril might call a "kicked-up" smoothie. In the blender I combined about 1/2 cup non-fat strawberry yogurt, 1 cup Florida orange juice, a few handfuls of ice, and a good amount (I won't say how much) of Andre Peach Passion (a cheap but delicious champagne knock-off). Think Orange Julius meets mimosa-meets strawberry smoothie!

Wow, wow, wow. That's all I have to say. Before we ventured over to karaoke at River Island, one of my roommates chugged six of them, then proceeded to belt out "We Are Family" with a group of fifty-something year-old women who reeked of Aqua Net, musk, and vodka.

I'd say it turned out to be a fun evening.

Related

Tasty Recipes 3950094623595772784

Post a Comment

1 comment

Amy said...

hmm, Holly... Your roommate sounds pretty wild! How do you deal?!

You're too much. I miss you!

...BUT AT LEAST MY HAIR STILL LOOKS GREAT!
item